5 minutes is all that it takes!
I have created a specific formula to ensure I can make a salad in less than 5 minutes that is also very filling and very tasty. I use this formula for lunch on most days, whether I am making lunch before I head out for the day or if I am working from home and don’t want to spend a lot of time making my lunch.
You will need a big-ass tupperware with a secure top and a to-go bag or tote. I have accumulated about 5000 free totes in the course of my adulthood, so assuming you probably have as well. 😛
5 Minute Salad Formula
- 2 handfuls of greens. I always buy at least 2-3 bags of pre-washed greens a week because it saves me a ton of time.
- 4-6 oz of protein. A few easy options are an already cooked rotisserie chicken from the supermarket, last night’s leftover salmon, hard-boiling 2 eggs while you are in the shower, or opening a can of tuna, chickpeas or anchovies.
- Palm size of healthy fat. What do you already have in your pantry? Nuts (like cashews, almonds, walnuts) ,seeds (like chia seeds, sunflower seeds or hemp seeds), olives, feta or goat cheese, and avocado are all great options.
- Extra fruit or veggies Have some extra veggies in your fridge? Add those too: cherry tomatoes, sliced peppers, baby carrots, green beans, and onions; herbs like basil, parsley, cilantro; or even fruit like apples, grapes, and blueberries. Get creative!
- Add ½ cup Meal Prepped Grains (optional) : Have leftover brown rice, quinoa or farro? Throw it in!
- Dress it: Lemon Juice & Olive Oil is my usual go-to. But you can do any olive oil and vinegar combo you like. And a little salt & pepper.
That’s it! Will you be making this this week?