Kids or no kids, sometimes we need to hide our veggies in food just so we eat them. The reality is that half of our plate should be filled with vegetables (if not more! ). For a few ideas on dishes to hide your vegetables, here are a few of my go-to recipes.
- 1 lb of ground beef or ground turkey
- 1 12 oz bag of riced cauliflower
- 1 can of diced or whole tomatoes (even tomato sauce works)
- ½ onion- chopped
- ½ pouch of taco seasoning (i use trader joes)
- 2 tbsp coconut or olive oil
- Heat oil in a skillet, medium heat.
- Once heated, saute onions until slightly translucent.
- Add in beef or turkey and cook about ½ way through until brown on outside and slightly red in the middle (5 min)
- Add in taco seasoning
- Add in tomatoes
- Add in cauliflower
- Cover and cook on low for another 7-10 minutes, ensuring meat is cooked all the way through
- Serve with your favorite tortilla or over brown rice/quinoa
Add frozen cauliflower to your favorite smoothie and you won’t even taste it.
- 1/2 cup of frozen cauliflower
- 1 banana
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- 1/3 cup of almond milk (more or less if you like it thick or thin)
- 1/2 cup of frozen berries
- ½ small onion, chopped
- 1 lb of ground beef or turkey
- ¼ cup of ketchup
- 1 large egg
- 1 red or yellow pepper, diced
- Preheat oven to 350D
- If you have an extra 10 minutes, saute the onion in a pan first. If you don’t, don’t worry about it.
- Mix together all ingredients
- Place on cookie sheet in mini meatloaf shapes (or a big ‘ol loaf)!
- Cook for 40 min.
*Pro-Tip – make extra and freeze them to reheat for another day